Working with us
Designed as a resource for small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) and larger companies, the Chemistry Clinic welcomes access to our exceptional facilities, expert advice and talented student cohort to benefit your project.
We can directly support your project with scientific guidance or asses your current processes and materials for further development.
An initial FREE consultation helps us identify the needs of your project. Following consultation, appropriate methods and techniques are carried out to reach project deliverables. For longer term projects and collaborations, a timeline and contract are put in place to protect your intellectual property and agreed upon provisions. Open communication is nurtured between the Chemistry Clinic and you -the industrial partner- while work is conducted.
With direction from a specialist academic relevant to your project, our skilled Masters students will conduct any lab work.
Areas of expertise
- materials and nanochemistry
- analytical chemistry
- chemical biology
- forensic science
- inorganic synthesis
- organic synthesis
- physical chemistry
- applied chemistry
- Elemental analysis
- Thermal analysis
- Polymeric instrumentation
Recent projects we've consulted on using these areas of expertise include:
- developing quality control methodologies for an organic products based company
- understanding a newly developed product's capability in the current market for use in a log cabin manufacturing company
- evaluation of new materials, small-scale compounding and thermal analysis for a leading global producer of polyester film