At Nourish, we want to do everything we can to become as sustainable as possible!
Catering services are committed to reducing the environmental impact of activities and enhancing the sustainability of the service and delivering continual improvement.
Accreditations already achieved include:
- Soil Association “Food For Life” standard, which recognises caterers serving fresh food, source sustainable and ethical food, improve access to healthy eating and champion local food producers;
- Red Tractor certification, demonstrating commitment to British food and farming, sourcing responsibly with care and attention for the countryside and animals;
- Fair Trade Certification, ethically sourcing products and ensuring farmers are supported with advice and farming techniques while guaranteeing a better price for produce that supports producers.
Reducing waste is also a key element of the Catering Sustainability commitment. Activities to reduce waste include:
- Improved stock management and rotation systems and procedures to ensure food is managed to reduce waste from production, storage and sale of food;
- Reusable cups encouraged to reduce single use disposable cups being sold and entered into general waste – This saved over 29,500 single use cups from waste in 2019/20;
- Vegware compostable catering supplies used for hot and cold drinks, salads and cutlery which are made from renewable materials, reducing plastic use.