Digital image of a teacher and pupils

Strathclyde CaresApplying

When you apply for university through UCAS, you'll be asked if you've been in care or are a care leaver. Doing this allows us to take into consideration that your education may have been disrupted and offer you additional support.

We will then contact you to see what we can do to help you in the application process.

What can I study?

Take a look at our course search or download a prospectus to find out more about all the fantastic courses we offer.

If you're a mature student, take a look at our mature student pages, where you'll find advice and guidance on returning to study as well as financial information and support.

If you're thinking of returning to education, our Pre-entry Access course is offered on an evening, part-time, basis.

Why not try out the Who Cares? database. This lets you search for courses at colleges and universities and also offers a wealth of information on support available for care leavers. 

Visit Strathclyde

You might want to familiarise yourself with our campus before applying. Take a look at our visiting opportunities pages to find out more. 

Care adviser

If you have any questions, please contact our care adviser, Deborah Duncan (, who will be happy to help. You can contact Deborah as early as S2, when you're choosing your subjects, right up until you register at University.