Have you ever stayed in residential or foster care? Have you been cared for by friends or relatives, or cared for at home? Have you thought about attending university?
Strathclyde Cares was awarded the Buttle UK Quality Mark at 'exemplary' status. We achieved The Guardian University Award in 2018 in the Retention, Support and Student Outcomes award for its Strathclyde Cares programme, a recognition which we are really proud of.
At Strathclyde, we encourage applications to study from care leavers and anyone who has previously been cared for by a local authority.
We were the first educational institution in Scotland to sign up as an 'official friend' of Who Cares? Scotland.
The Strathclyde Cares programme - a UK first - helps students from care throughout their Higher Education journey. We're here to help you from pre-application to studying and from graduation to beyond.
As part of Strathclyde Cares, you'll enjoy:
- Named Care Experience Adviser offering pre and post application support
- Guaranteed offer when meeting minimum entry requirements
- support from a member of staff through our one-to-one mentoring programme
- the opportunity to become a paid student ambassador
- get involved with our Care Experienced Student Society
- help with graduation costs
- help with accommodation options
- funding opportunities
Find out more below about the application process and life at Strathclyde.
You can also access information from Propel Scotland. This is an online resource for care-experienced youngsters and the carers and professionals that support them. The website offers information on key issues such as funding and accommodation in both further and higher education, and to compare course information from every further education college in Scotland and 94 per cent of all universities in the UK.