There are four categories from which you can choose to nominate your nominee. You must give us detailed evidence of how your candidate meets the criteria in one or more of the categories.
Exceptional service and contribution to society, nationally and/or internationally
- Service to society which has a demonstrable impact on the public good
- Outstanding achievement in sport, culture and arts, and other fields of endeavour which inspire people and make the world a better place
- Outstanding contribution to Scotland and to Glasgow which helps transform the economic, social, civic, sporting and cultural life of the region
Exceptional service and contribution to enterprise or business
- Outstanding vision, innovation or leadership in an entrepreneurial environment
- Outstanding achievement in the field of business
Awards will normally be made for substantial achievement across a career, however we will also consider individuals who have brought distinction on themselves, their community, and their country early in their careers, for example sporting or artistic achievement, heroism, public service, and philanthropy.
Equality of opportunity
Equality of opportunity is a core value of the University of Strathclyde.
In awarding Honorary Degrees on merit, the University will be mindful of the need to reflect achievement across society.
Read our guidance on how to fill out the nomination form for a successful nomination.