Get started on your entrepreneurial journey
Our Enterprise Team helps Strathclyde students, staff and alumni build their businesses. From idea validation through to investment, we're with you all the way.
How it works
Step 2: Opportunity progression
Once you've met with an advisor, we'll point you towards the support your business needs. We can offer:
- advice from a business advisor
- mentorship from an experienced member of our alumni network
- access to the Strathclyders Into Business Fund
- external funding and competition support
- collaboration with other University departments on student projects
- access to external partners and entrepreneurial peer support networks
Step 4: Investment
When you're ready, we can help your business prepare for and find the right investment. The Strathclyde Entrepreneurs Fund (SEF) is the University’s own investment fund which staff, students and alumni can access for their innovative ventures. Supporters of the University offer up capital for the creation, development and early stage growth of these businesses and returns are reinvested in the fund.
It's important to note that it's not possible to put a fixed timeframe on how long each step should take as every opportunity varies. After your opportunity has been assessed, a business advisor will inform you on next steps and an estimated timeframe which suits your progression.