With more than 3,300 staff from all over the world, the Strathclyde community warmly welcome colleagues to work with us and help us achieve our goals.
We offer our staff a wide range of outstanding benefits that include financial rewards, family friendly and wellbeing benefits and career development opportunities.
Financial rewardsEmployment at the University of Strathclyde offers a number of financial awards.
- competitive salaries with increments awarded annually until the top guaranteed point is reached
- following this there are contribution points that can be achieved through evidenced exceptional performance
- holiday entitlement of 27 days (Grade 5 and below) or 31 days (Grade 6 and above)
- an additional 11 public holiday entitlement
- membership of the Universities Superannuation Scheme which includes a generous employer contribution of 18%
- eligibility for removal and resettlement expenses where relocating from afar
Family-friendly benefitsWe're committed to promoting and improving a healthy work-life balance for all employees. We offer a number of benefits to staff with families.
- generous maternity leave scheme that offers payments above the statutory minimum requirements for qualifying staff
- generous paternity leave scheme that offers payments above the statutory minimum requirements for qualifying staff
- adoption leave policy that offers payments above the statutory minimum requirements for qualifying staff
- options for flexible working
- parental leave for qualifying staff
- Childcare Voucher Scheme Policy operates as a salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to make savings on tax and national insurance contributions
- On-campus nursery, run by Childcare Scotland, is available for children from 3 months to pre-school. You will have peace of mind knowing that you are close at hand if required
As a ‘place of useful learning’ we value personal development and put great emphasis on the learning and development of all our staff. This includes:
- professional development support and a wide range of courses provided by our in-house training providers
- reduced or remitted fees on a number of vocational and non-vocational courses
- access to our library’s facilities and resources
Health & wellbeingWe place high importance on the safety, wellbeing and health of all our staff and offer a range of facilities and services to facilitate this.
- reduced rates of membership to the University's Centre for Sport and Recreation
- access to a wide number of Health & Wellbeing events that take place regularly across the campus
- access to our Occupational Health Service and Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme operates as a salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to make savings on tax and national insurance contributions
The University of Strathclyde is a place of useful learning where we're recognised as being:
- people-oriented: committed to our staff and students, providing opportunities and investing in their development
- bold: confident and challenging about what we do, and supportive of appropriate and managed risk in our decision-making
- innovative: focused on discovering and applying knowledge with impact, and encouraging creative thinking and new ideas
- collaborative: working together, internally and externally, with integrity and in an open, respectful way
- ambitious: for our institution, staff and students as well as supporting the ambitions of our partners