Why this course?
The International Master Project Management (iMPM) is a collaboration between MiP Politecnico di Milano (Italy) and Strathclyde Business School. Each brings their respective excellence in research, consultancy and teaching in project management to an international teaching programme.
The programme looks at the strategic and holistic demands of modern projects in contemporary organisations. You'll gain knowledge in an emerging field that combines:
- project management as a process to deliver complex change
- strategic management as a process for formulating and implementing organisational strategy
- the development of transferable skills. Particularly teamwork, leadership, communication, negotiation, conflict resolution and presentation for employment
This course is suitable for both recent graduates and those graduates already in the workplace. It offers a balanced programme of professional training at postgraduate level.
The course looks at the most recent approaches in project management with a cross sectorial and intercultural perspective that focus on managerial, behavioral and technical competencies.
- Politecnico di Milano - Master Universitario di I Livello in Project Management
- Strathclyde Business School - Master of Science in Project Management
Where you'll study
The course is entirely taught in English and has a duration of 18 months. The first semester held at MIP, Milan and the second one held at Strathclyde, Glasgow, plus final project work/research thesis.
You'll spend approximately five months in Italy and the UK. The other eight months for the final project work can be in Italy, UK or internationally. The decision depends on your interests and the opportunities available.
The programme is structured around the unique expertise of each institution. This ensures that the quality of teaching is at an exceptional level. You'll meet with a European and international network of scholars.