Almost 90% of our students find full-time employment within 6 months of graduating, so it’s no wonder over 4,000 undergraduates from across the globe choose to study engineering at Strathclyde every year.
Several of our graduate engineers have become respected players in their field and the innovative products invented still continue to impress. An undergraduate degree with us is just the first step in a successful journey – let it start at Strathclyde.
Massive choice of courses
Almost 90% of our graduates are in work or further study within 6 months of graduating
With over 40 courses to choose from, guaranteed to match your personal interests and career aspirations, our undergraduate engineering degrees are second to none.
We don’t just cover the full spectrum of traditional engineering disciplines, but also offer many joint degrees, such an Electrical and Mechanical Engineering. We also provide degrees which combine engineering with business studies, management and international studies.
Our flexible approach to study allows you to take classes from across the University so you can also choose to learn a language before spending part of your course studying abroad.
Highly Ranked Departments
- Medical Technology - Ranked Number 2 in the UK by The Independent Complete University Guide 2021
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering - Ranked Number 5 in the UK by The Times/ Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021 and Number 5 in the UK by The Independent Complete University Guide 2021
- Mechanical Engineering - Ranked Number 5 in the UK by The Times/ Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021 and Number 4 in the UK by The Independent Complete University Guide 2021
- Chemical Engineering - Ranked Number 5 in the UK by The Times/ Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021 and Number 4 in the UK by The Independent Complete University Guide 2021
- Architecture - Ranked Number 3 in the UK by The Independent Complete University Guide 2021
- Civil Engineering – Ranked Number 7 in the UK by the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021 and Number 9 in the UK by The Independent Complete University Guide 2021
- Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering – Ranked Number 5 in the UK by The Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021 and Number 8 in the UK by The Independent Complete University Guide 2021
- Marine/Ocean Engineering - Ranked Number 1 in the UK by Shanghai Rankings Academic Ranking 2020
What is an MEng degree?
We offer four-year BEng and BSc Honours degrees and five-year MEng degrees.
Master of Engineering (MEng) degrees will equip you with the potential and skills to reach the highest levels within industry. MEng degrees require higher entry qualifications and an above average standard of performance throughout each year of study.
If you’re aiming to become a Chartered Engineer (CEng), you must study the MEng to meet the educational requirements. Students who perform well on a BEng programme can also transfer to MEng.
A degree tailored to industry needs
Many students secure jobs before graduating
With so many graduates entering the workplace every year, make sure you stand out from the crowd.
We’ve excellent links with many industrial partners, ensuring our degrees remain relevant and our students are equipped with relevant skills when they graduate.
Our industry partners can also offer you scholarships allowing you to get extra hands-on experience during your studies. Many companies specifically target Strathclyde engineering students, resulting in them securing jobs before they graduate.
Engineering Academy - an alternative route to study Engineering
Our Engineering Academy is a pioneering programme that offers you an alternative route into university and employment as a Strathclyde student. The first year is an enhanced HNC programme with direct transfer into second year of one our engineering degrees.
The Academy is a collaboration between the University of Strathclyde, partner colleges and the engineering industry.
As part of the University’s outreach objective, the Academy was established to increase widening access participation by delivering various pathways to a range of engineering degrees in our leading Faculty of Engineering.
Your career & employability
As the Faculty covers all the key disciplines of Engineering, the range and scope of available careers are vast.
By studying engineering at Strathclyde you'll be able to distinguish yourself further from the crowd in the UK and across the globe.
Stand out with Strathclyde!
All of our established undergraduate Engineering programmes are fully accredited by the relevant professional Engineering institutions
Open days & events