An undergraduate degree with us will just be the first step towards a successful engineering career
With over 40 courses to choose from, across our 8 departments, our undergraduate engineering degrees are highly ranked and sought after by industry. We don’t just cover the full spectrum of traditional engineering disciplines, but offer many joint degrees such an Electrical and Mechanical Engineering. We also provide courses which combine engineering with business studies, management and international studies. With such a wide range of courses to choose from, you are guaranteed to find one to match your personal interests and career aspirations.
Already applied or thinking about applying to study with us? Get in touch with our friendly admissions team with any questions you have about your application.Email our admissions team
Explore the undergraduate courses offered in each of our departments
What is the Engineering Academy?
The Engineering Academy is a unique access route into university and employment. It is a collaboration between the University of Strathclyde, partner colleges and industry which will deliver a pathway to a range of engineering degrees in the University's leading Faculty of Engineering.
Your first year is taken as an enhanced HNC programme at one of the partner colleges, together with practical skills units and departmental activities which take place at Strathclyde. You will still be a registered student of the University of Strathclyde with access to all of the facilities. Students who complete the enhanced HNC award, gain an A in the Graded Unit and engage with Strathclyde activities are guaranteed direct progression into one of our selected undergraduate degree programmes.Find out more
What is an MEng degree?
We offer four-year BEng and BSc Honours degrees and five-year MEng degrees.
Master of Engineering (MEng) degrees will equip you with the potential and skills to reach the highest levels within industry. MEng degrees require higher entry qualifications and an above average standard of performance throughout each year of study.
If you’re aiming to become a Chartered Engineer (CEng), you must study the MEng to meet the educational requirements. Students who perform well on a BEng programme can also transfer to MEng.
Highly Ranked Departments
- Marine/Ocean Engineering - Ranked Number 1 in Europe and Number 3 in the World by Shanghai Rankings Academic Ranking 2022
- Chemical Engineering - Ranked Number 4 (and Number 1 in Scotland) in the UK by The Times/ Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023
- Product Design – Ranked Number 4 in the UK (and Number 1 in Scotland) by the Guardian University Guide 2023
- Civil Engineering – Ranked Number 5 in the UK by the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023
- Biomedical Engineering - Ranked Number 6 in the UK (and Number 1 in Scotland) by the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 20233
- Architecture - Ranked Number 7 in the UK by The Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering - Ranked Number 7 in the UK by The Times/ Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023
- Mechanical Engineering - Ranked Number 8 in the UK by The Times/ Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023
- Manufacturing & Production Engineering – Ranked Number 10 in the UK by The Independent Complete University Guide 2023
Find out more about undergraduate study opportunities
MEng Mechanical Engineering
Strathclyde has a wide range of services available to enhance the student experience and I’d highly recommend taking advantage of them. These include services to help with your university work such as the maths skills support centre, the fantastic careers service, the new Strathclyde Sport fitness centre, and of course the Student Union.
Zainab Al Balushi
BSc (Hons) Prosthetics & Orthotics
I like that my course is not just theoretical, it involves clinical and technical practical skills which makes it unique and always exciting. The course is also very rewarding when you visualise the amount of positive impact you can make in your patients' lives.
MEng Product Design Engineering
I like how diverse the modules are on my course because it feels like you get to sample a little bit of everything, which helps you find your niche for choosing a career after university.
Chat to a student ambassador
Want to know more about what it’s like to be a Strathclyde Engineering student at the University of Strathclyde? A selection of our current students are here to help!
Our Unibuddy ambassadors can answer all the questions you may have about their course experiences and studying at Strathclyde, along with offering insight into life in Glasgow and Scotland.Chat now!