The Strathclyde MBA is not just a business programme, it's a stimulating, challenging, life-changing experience, which will make you question, re-think and re-evaluate how you do business.
The Strathclyde MBA is highly experiential and based on collaborative learning. Students share their varied work experiences, knowledge, understanding and skills.
The MBA will shape and guide you as a reflective, open- thinking, adaptive learner. This is facilitated through enhanced understanding of the interplay of theory and practice in management. In particular it:
- provides the skills required for progression to higher level policy-forming positions
- allows you to make successful career transitions
- facilitates the move from technical specialism to general management
- polishes the skills and enhances the abilities of people working for themselves or about to set up in business
What are the prime benefits?
- a broad understanding of business and management issues
- strategic orientation and the ability to successfully implement the strategies formulated
- development of management skills and techniques
- self-awareness as a manager and leader
- increased confidence in all areas of business
- enhanced promotion prospects
- new career opportunities
- access to the extensive Strathclyde alumni network
What are the benefits for employers and sponsors?
Improved corporate performance
- greater understanding of corporate goals
- more knowledgeable and successful management
- advanced communication through mutual understanding
- greater awareness of external influences and recognition of the need for a quality customer focus and market orientation
- increased potential for the effective utilisation of valuable corporate, human and other resources
Human resource development
- greater ability to attract and retain high potential managers
- flexible approach to management education
- structured development of individual managers
- integral part of succession planning and development of tomorrow’s leaders