Specific licence conditions may also apply to the use of of our database and ejournal services.
You must have a username and password to access those services where our database suppliers require it. Sharing a password with unauthorised users, including family, friends or co-workers, may result in revocation of access.
Viewing, printing and downloading of individual articles or references for noncommercial, educational, scholarly or research use only.
These conditions apply to all our electronic services. Specific licence conditions may also apply.
The following conditions apply to all our electronic services. Specific licence conditions may also apply - check individual agreements for details.
You must not:
- systematically download, copy or print significant portions of the licensed content. This would be a serious breach of copyright and licence agreements
- load articles onto a web server
- use any of the services for commercial purposes
- send print or electronic articles to any unauthorised users
- alter, modify or adapt articles
- share your secure password with any unauthorised users
Access restrictions and use of individual databases are determined by individual service providers' licence agreements.
Bibliographic resources & privacy
When you search for and/or access bibliographic resources such as journal articles, your request may be routed through the UK OpenURL Router Service (openurl.ac.uk), which is administered by EDINA at the University of Edinburgh. The Router service captures and anonymises activity data which are then included in an aggregation of data about use of bibliographic resources throughout UK Higher Education (UK HE). The aggregation is used as the basis of services for users in UK HE and is made available to the public so that others may use it as the basis of services. The aggregation contains no information that could identify you as an individual.