Student LifecycleVoluntary Suspension

If you need to interrupt your studies, discuss this with your Adviser of Studies/Supervisor/Academic Department in the first instance.

If you wish to proceed with an application for voluntary suspension, please complete the voluntary suspension form.

The application will be considered by your Academic Department and is subject to approval by the Vice Dean. Student Business will notify you of the outcome of your request through your university email and update your student record if required.

Please note doctoral research students may be eligible to apply for the Postgraduate Research Leave Support Fund (SharePoint).

You should consider any financial and/or visa implications prior to submitting your application. 

Further information on financial and visa implications can be found on the following webpages:

Relevant links