The next generation of Strathclyde success stories
The SEN Rising Stars Programme is our flagship accelerator programme for growth orientated start-ups emerging from the Strathclyde community. This six-month programme is designed to give early-stage start-ups the tools they need to prepare and grow for investment.
The SEN Rising Stars Programme has supported more than 50 young companies since it launched in 2013. This group of exceptionally talented individuals have gone on to do big things, raising millions in capital growth funding and contributing to employment across the UK.
SEN Rising Stars will receive more than £10,000 in monetary and in-kind support to help them access future investment and capital growth. Support includes:
- The opportunity to apply for up to £1,000 of initial funding from the Strathclyders into Business Fund
- A dedicated business advisor
- Monthly masterclasses focused on funding and growth readiness topics
- Marketing and promotional materials
While we invest a lot of financial resources in our Rising Stars, there are some things that you just can’t put a price tag on. The SEN Rising Stars Programme also connects Rising Stars to our invaluable SEN community by offering access to:
- A community of entrepreneurs and a platform to share experiences during monthly whiteboard sessions
- Mentoring from an Enterprise Partner and the Entrepreneur in Residence
- Priority access to our ‘Ask the Experts’ programme of clinics
- Strathclyde’s global alumni community through a variety of high-profile events
- Introductions to potential investors and other external support organisations
- Student talent via other University of Strathclyde departments
Want to join us?
The SEN Rising Stars Programme is open to all Strathclyde students, staff and alumni with early-stage businesses.
The SEN Rising Stars programme is ideally suited for pre-revenue companies who are on the cusp of making their first sales or are seeking their first round of investment. We are looking for start-ups with growth potential. We also take into account the entrepreneurial mind-set and motivation of the founding team members, as we understand start-ups often pivot in the early stages of formation.
In order to apply you must be a registered SEN client and have engaged previously with the SEN Community or Start-Up Manager. If we believe your business has the potential for growth we will invite you to submit an application.