The Library recognises that there may be occasions when a parent or guardian needs to bring a child into the Library when using our facilities.
We will endeavour to accommodate these requests whenever possible. However, we must also consider the needs of our other customers, and preserve a suitable study environment, particularly during exam time.
We therefore ask that:
- the child is accompanied and supervised at all times by a parent or guardian
- the parent or guardian is sensitive to the needs of other customers
- such requests are occasional, and not regular
- access is limited to Levels 2 & 3 of the Library, and booking a study room is strongly encouraged, book a room here
- access to IT labs within the Library is not permitted, and children are not allowed to access PCs in the Library
- currently, we are opening the Library to support solo working
- for the time being there are no group study facilities. Please continue to use collaboration tools (such as Zoom) for group work
- the Library should not be considered as a social space and peer to peer support cannot be facilitated
If you require assistance in getting books from silent areas of the Library, staff will be happy to help. You can request this in advance of your visit by:
- emailing help
- telephoning +44 (0)141 548 4444, or
- asking at the Enquiry Desk during staffed hours.
The Library also holds a large collection of children’s books, and we have facilities for breastfeeding and baby changing – please ask staff.