Plastic items are segregated and collected using a recycling bins labelled "Plastic Bottles".
What can I recycle?
- Plastic drink bottles
- Disposable water cups
- HDPE labelled items
- Plastic milk cartons
Empty and Wash
Before disposing of your unwanted plastic waste please make sure that containers are empty and do not contain any food or liquid residues.
What NOT to dispose in the Plastic Bottles bin?
- Bubble Wrap
- Non-recyclable waste
- Plasticized paper
- Food and liquid residues
- Whole files with plastic dividers
- Disposable coffee cups and lids
- Cling film
- Plastic food packaging
- Sandwich wrappers
- Crisp packets
- Plastic cutlery
- Plastic bags
Plastic Bottles Recycling Bins are:
- Located in central locations throughout the campus such as building entrances, open plan offices and lecture theatres.
- Monitored by the University’s cleaning staff on a daily basis.
- Lined with clear plastic bags so the contents can be visually inspected. When the bin is full, the contents will be taken outside to the 1100L green bin for collection by the University’s waste management contractor. These are labelled Dry Mixed Recycling.
The external recycling containers are collected by the University’s waste management contractor who will bale and dispatch the plastic to merchants.
For more information on what happens once the plastic leaves the University please visit the What Happens to Our Waste? webpage.
Estates: 0141 548 2164
|Roddy Yarr||Assistant Director (Sustainability)||Environmental Strategy|
|David Charles||Energy Engineer||Utilities, Carbon mgmt, Travel|
|Neil McBeth||Active Travel Co-ordinator||Cycling|
|Rabbab Oun||Sustainable Labs Co-ordinator||S-Labs|
|Cameron Mackay||Environmental Projects Assistant||Engagement, Garden|
If you have any questions, comments or any issues with the cleaning service please contact:
Mark Lindsay, Contracts Surveyor
Tel: 0141 548 2112
If you require additional bins, desktop boxes or recycling sacks please contact:
Andrew Baillie, Cleaning Services Manager
Tel: 0141 548 4975
- Student Experience & Enhancement Services
- Print Services
- Estates Services
- Finance Directorate
- Human Resources Directorate
- Research & Knowledge Exchange Services
- About Estates Services
- Estates Helpdesk
- Car Parking
- Telephone Services
- Portering Services
- Works Management
- Space Planning
- Room Booking
- Safety Information
- Information for Estates Services staff