GSE Systems Power Station Simulator Suite
The GSE Systems Power Station Simulator Suite is a £2M facility which provides a high-fidelity simulation of the control room within a range of generating stations. Configurable to cover a wide range of generation technologies, including combined cycle gas turbine and nuclear generation, it provides users with an immersive experience of operating a power station. The facility provides a research platform for advanced decision support technologies, real-time simulation, and control, operation and condition monitoring of electrical plant.
The facility underpins research, education and continuing professional development activities. It can:
- provide continual professional development activities and training
- augment masters and undergraduate degrees with simulation based learning and project activities
- introduce new masters modules which combine engineering theory with practical experience in the simulator suite
- undertake energy systems research on the simulator
- enhance the GSE Systems simulator through research
The facility also supports the Institute’s research and expertise in a number of core areas including:
- advanced decision support technologies - it provides an environment where artificial intelligence based data analysis, diagnostics and decision support can be designed, tested and demonstrated
- real-time simulation - research concerning the real-time simulation of electrical generation, transmission and distribution systems can be supported.
- control, operation and condition monitoring of electrical plant - new control, automation and condition monitoring systems can be designed and deployed on the simulator, which provides a test-bed for evaluating their performance.
GSE Systems delivers simulation based experiential training and education for the power generation, oil and gas energy sectors. They have partnered with premier engineering schools:
- Institute for Energy and Environment, University of Strathclyde
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
- Higher Colleges of Technology, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Find out more
Get further details on the GSE Systems website.