You will need:
- Your most recent Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) - this will be the CAS that confirms your most recent course of completion and will be available in the Curriculum tab on Pegasus
- Your current and valid passport or other travel identity document
- Your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) - if you have one
Some applicants may need to provide additional documents:
- Written consent from your official financial sponsor - if you received official financial sponsorship from a Government or international scholarship agency covering both your fees and living costs in the UK in the last 12 months before applying for the Graduate Route, they must provide written consent to your Graduate Route visa application
- Proof of your relationship with your partner or children - if you have Dependants in the UK who are eligible to apply together with you
Unlike most other UK visa routes, applicants will not be required to show finances when applying for the Graduate Route.
If any of the above documents are not in English or Welsh, you will have to provide a certified translation.
If you received financial sponsorship
Certain applicants to the Graduate Route may require written consent to apply for the Graduate Route.
Whether you require written consent will depend on the type of financial sponsor and whether they fully covered both your tuition fees and living costs.
My financial sponsorship was through a Government or international scholarship agency covering all my tuition fees and living costs
In the 12 months before you apply for the Graduate Route, you must have written consent from your financial sponsor if it was from a Government or international scholarship agency.
You will need to provide a letter showing they give consent to your application for the Graduate Route. This includes Dependants if you are applying together with Dependants. This will have to be included as part of the supporting documents for your Graduate Route application.
My financial sponsor was a government or international scholarship agency covering only some of my tuition fees and/or living costs
If you received a partial scholarship from a government and/or from an international scholarship agency, or if you were sponsored for your tuition fees only, or for your living costs only, then financial sponsor written consent is not required. However, before you apply, it is your responsibility to check with your financial sponsor whether the terms and conditions of your financial sponsorship permit you to apply for the Graduate visa.
My financial sponsor was the University of Strathclyde
If you were financially sponsored by the University of Strathclyde, you do not require written consent from the University of Strathclyde to apply for the Graduate Route.
My financial sponsor was an international company, independent school or any other type of financial sponsor
If you were financially sponsored by an international company, an independent school or any other type of financial sponsor, you do not require written consent to apply for the Graduate Route.
For details, see paragraph GR 1.5 of the Immigration Rules Appendix GR.