International studentsVisas & immigration

To pursue studies at the University of Strathclyde as a non-UK student, you typically need a Student visa. However, if your studies last less than 6 months, you might be eligible for a Standard Visitor visa, or an Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) if you're a national of Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia or United Arab Emirates.  Explore the options below to find the one that best suits your situation.

We also provide information on the Graduate visa (post-study) and the Schengen visa if you wish to visit certain EU countries during your stay. Additionally, learn how exam board decisions might affect your Student visa.

You can also find information about bringing your dependant partner and children, as well as information about inviting family and friends for short visits while you are here.

a view from behind students wearing graduation gowns at their graduation ceremony facing the stage

Inviting family and friends to visit for graduation

Check the UKVI website for information on the Standard Visitor visa.  Additional supporting documents that you can provide to aid their application are listed below:

  • Student Status letter – available via Pegasus under the 'Personal' tab; simply download and send to your family member.
  • Invitation letter – you can write a letter to support your relative/friend's visa application.  Download a Sample Relatives Letter.  There is no UKVI requirement for this letter to be on University paper or signed by the University.