Γεια σας και να καλωσορίσω την Strathclyde!
We're a leading, international technological university located in the heart of Glasgow, Scotland's biggest city. We have been known as the Place of Useful Learning since we were founded in 1796. This guides our research, our learning and teaching and the way we work with businesses and organisations.
We have been welcoming Greek Students to Strathclyde for many years to our 4 faculties: Business, Engineering, Humanities & Social Sciences and Science. We have a thriving Greek community and alumni network, as well as a very active Greek and Cypriot Society.
Living and studying within the heart of one of the world's friendliest cities is a fantastic experience for our students from Greece. Glasgow’s transport infrastructure, including an international airport less than 20 minutes away, also makes it a great base to explore the rest of Scotland, the UK and Europe, and beyond.
Hear what Dimitra-Dorothea Karamolegkou enjoys most about studying at Strathclyde:
Strathclyde has long running connections with Greece, we have been delivering our award winning MBA in our Athens MBA Centre since 1998!
The University has a number of Greek members of staff working in departments like The Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship and Naval Architecture, Ocean & Marine Engineering.
Glasgow City Innovation District
Scotland's first innovation district, a hub for entrepreneurship, innovation, and collaboration, was officially launched at the University of Strathclyde. It builds on Scotland’s rich tradition of scientific excellence and industrial collaboration. The University of Strathclyde is proud to be at the heart of a thriving area that is creating a world of opportunities for research, business and academia.
Strathclyde Services & Support
At Strathclyde, there are many opportunities that you can take advantage of to make your time even more enjoyable and help you develop skills beyond your course:
- our dedicated Careers Service runs events, workshops and drop-in sessions for our students and graduates to help with everything from presentation skills to CV writing and interview preparation
- our International Student Support Team is on-hand to provide information and guidance to all registered international students. Students also have access to our Chaplaincy Centre, Student Counselling, and Maths Skills Support Centre & Study Skills
- on campus accommodation - we have student accommodation conveniently located within our campus only a short walk from all of your classes and university services
- Strathclyde Sport - our new sport complex is a state-of-the-art centre with more than 50 classes per week, sports courts and swimming pool
- Students' Union - managed and run by Strathclyde students, the Union has a huge range of clubs and societies that you can get involved in as well as providing support and social activities for our students
We recognise a wide range of European qualifications, including:
- Apolytirion of Eniaio Lykeio
- International Baccalaureate.
For some degree programmes, we may expect you to have studied specific subjects within the Apolytirion of Eniaio Lykeio, eg where we ask applicants taking Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) Highers for a specific subject(s), we may ask you for the same subject(s).
General entry requirements
Apolytirion of Eniaio Lykeio
Biological & Biomedical Sciences courses
You'll need the Certificate of Access along with either the required grades for the Apolytirion and two GCE A-Levels, or the Panhellenic exam grade stated below. You must be studying two relevant science subjects.
Apolytirion of Geniko Lykeio
Certificate of Access
Ptychio or Diploma with 7.0 or better.
For further information on entry requirements, please email email@example.com.
English language requirements
If English isn't your first language, you'll need to provide proof of English language proficiency from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the Pearson Test of English (PTE).
Our IELTS requirement is 6.5, however some courses may look for more.
Our requirement is 62 overall (minimum competent score 51).
Other English language tests may be acceptable. Take a look at our recognised English language qualifications.
Improving your English
If you need to improve your English to meet the language conditions of your degree offer, you can take one of our ELT English language courses here without needing to re-take IELTS or another English language test
How to apply
Apply through our course pages.
Get in touch
If you're in any doubt about the entry requirements, just get in touch and we'll be happy to help.
While you're here
We're based in the centre of Glasgow, beside George Square - the city's iconic main square.
Glasgow is a vibrant and exciting city with lots of things to get involved in, no matter what your interests are. We have a world-renowned music scene, loads of sports events, more than 90 parks, and the Style Mile - the UK’s largest retail centre outside of London.
If you're looking for a taste of home, Glasgow has loads of Greek restaurants.
The slogan for the city is 'People Make Glasgow', and you'll understand how true this is when you get here!
Music & culture
Glasgow is a UNESCO City of Music with an average of 130 music events across the city each week as well as playing host to a number of large festivals throughout the year, including:
- Trnsmt - an indie and rock festival, that gathers international and local music acts and around 50,000 festival goers for one of the most exciting events of the summer. Trnsmt is held in Glasgow Green, only a 10-minute walk from our campus
- Celtic Connections - Glasgow’s annual festival celebrating folk, traditional and Celtic music. More than 2,000 musicians from around the world come together for more than 300 events over 18 days
- Glasgow Film Festival - one of the UK’s leading film festivals where audiences can experience the best international cinema. The programme regularly features new local and international films from all genres
Glasgow is also home to Scottish Ballet and the Royal Scottish National Orchestra.
Arts & history
Glasgow has Europe's largest free-to-view art collection!
There are a number of museums and art galleries across the city, like the beautiful Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum where you can discover everything from artists like Salvador Dali, to animals, Ancient Egypt, and much more.
Glasgow is one of the world's top five sporting cities and has hosted many fantastic international events including the Commonwealth Games 2014, the European Athletics Championships 2018 and the European Indoor Athletics Championships 2019.
Scotland's national football stadium and museum are also based in Glasgow.
The city is home to Braehead Clan, a professional ice hockey team that competes in the Elite Ice Hockey League. You can catch a match at the 3,500 seater Braehead Arena not too far from Glasgow city centre.
Scotland is known for its natural beauty and fascinating history so it would be a shame if you missed out!
Strathclyde is less than one hour by train to the stunning Loch Lomond. You can also travel a little further and see some scenery you may recognise from movies and TV shows like Outlander, Skyfall and Harry Potter!
Our amazing location also means we're only a one-hour flight from London. If you prefer train travel, there are also plenty of trains leaving Glasgow for London every day. This journey normally takes under five hours.
Find out more about Discovering Scotland.
Weather in Glasgow is similar to London, with average temperature of 4°C during winter (6°C in London), and 19°C during summer (21°C in London).
In your country
We work with the following agents in Greece:
Our next visit
We'll be attending the following events in Greece in March 2020:
You can contact our international officer Ashley Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information on upcoming visits.
Loans are available for postgraduate EU students. Take a look at the Student Awards Agency Scotland website for further information.
Check out our scholarships database to find out more about all scholarships and funding opportunities for undergraduate and postgraduate students.