The University’s information strategy and resources aim to enhance performance and outcomes relating to teaching, learning, research, knowledge exchange, and student experience.
The Information Strategy Committee reports to the Executive Team and is responsible for all matters of corporate information strategy and for ensuring that the strategic direction of all information resources is consistent with the University’s strategic ambitions.
- development, implementation, and review of a Corporate Information Strategy that is progressive in its aims, sustainable, and consistent with the overall University strategy, and for proposing this to the Executive Team to ensure consistency with the wider strategic investment frameworks
- strategic oversight and prioritisation of corporate information needs and proposing these to the Executive Team for approval, including planning budgets for the related projects
- strategic oversight of the deployment of information resources across the University to ensure opportunities to improve both strategic delivery and operational effectiveness and increase value for money of information services provision are harnessed to the fullest potential
- esuring compliance with any legislative or professional requirements relating to information resources and their use
- engaging with sector-wide initiatives and benchmarking the University’s strategy, policies, and practices nationally and internationally
- the Committee will establish such sub-committees as deemed necessary by the Convener and Committee
- Chief Operating Officer (Convener)
- Chief Financial Officer
- The Director of Information Services
- Convener of Sub - Committee(s)
- Convener of the Estates Committee
- Representation from the University of Strathclyde’s Students’ Association
- Additional expertise co-opted by the Convener as required