Faculty of EngineeringPostgraduate Taught
Our Faculty of Engineering is the ideal location to continue your engineering studies
We offer almost 70 postgraduate taught courses across our 8 departments, including almost 30 courses with a January start option. With such a vast choice, you'll be able to find a course to suit your own personal interests that will enhance your career opportunities.
We have close relationships with industry, and many of our students work directly on projects with our industry partners. This practical hands on experience, not only enhances your studies, but provides excellent networking opportunities with potential employers.
You’ll be assigned your own personal supervisor for the duration of your studies. We want to ensure that you have the best possible experience studying with us, and to help prepare you for your time following Strathclyde.
Already applied or thinking about applying to study with us? Get in touch with our friendly admissions team with any questions you have about your application.Email our admissions team
Explore the postgraduate taught courses offered in our departments
Hear from our students & staff
In the video below, staff and students from the Engineering faculty talk about postgraduate study options:
One of the key strengths of the Faculty of Engineering is the way in which we collaborate and integrate industry in our research and in our teaching.
Dr Kepa Mendibil, Associate Dean (International) Faculty of Engineering
I really enjoyed the student experience here in the sense that I could meet new people, I could hang out with different societies, engage in different activities.
Amy Grech, MSc student
Flexible course options
Our taught courses are offered as MSc’s (or MArch’s in the case of Architecture). The majority of our courses have a one year duration, with some 18 month and two year courses available.
We believe that everyone should be given the opportuity to learn, so we offer a varied choice of flexible learning options. This includes a number of courses that can be studied part-time, and a range of distance-learning and online learning courses.
With a number of January start courses running in 2023, we have almost 30 courses over our 8 departments, giving a number of options for applicants to choose from to join us for MSc study.Explore our January course options
Highly Ranked Departments
- Marine/Ocean Engineering - Ranked Number 1 in Europe and Number 3 in the World by Shanghai Rankings Academic Ranking 2022
- Chemical Engineering - Ranked Number 4 (and Number 1 in Scotland) in the UK by The Times/ Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023
- Product Design – Ranked Number 4 in the UK (and Number 1 in Scotland) by the Guardian University Guide 2023
- Civil Engineering – Ranked Number 5 in the UK by the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023
- Biomedical Engineering - Ranked Number 6 in the UK (and Number 1 in Scotland) by the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 20233
- Architecture - Ranked Number 7 in the UK by The Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering - Ranked Number 7 in the UK by The Times/ Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023
- Mechanical Engineering - Ranked Number 8 in the UK by The Times/ Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023
- Manufacturing & Production Engineering – Ranked Number 10 in the UK by The Independent Complete University Guide 2023
Find out more about postgraduate study opportunities
MSc Technical Ship Management
When you live and study abroad you have the chance to broaden your mind and adopt a more globalised way of thinking. I strongly believe that studying abroad fits perfectly with someone who wants to pursue a more international career.
MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering
I would definitely recommend Strathclyde to anyone looking to study here, it is an excellent platform for international students. I hope that Strathclyde continues to welcome more international students, so more and more students are able to experience the amazing facilities and further their careers.
Md Arif Hasan
MSc Supply Chain and Procurement Managem
It was clear when doing my research that there was also a very welcoming culture at Strathclyde, which is of course important to me as an international student. I came here not just to study but also to have a memorable experience, which I have definitely had.
Sustainable Engineering (MSc)
Strathclyde focuses on the holistic development of students and makes them ready to lead the world. It was the best decision of my life to join the University of Strathclyde, and I am having a wonderful time here during my studies.
Chat to a student ambassador
Want to know more about what it’s like to be a Strathclyde Engineering student at the University of Strathclyde? A selection of our current students are here to help!
Our Unibuddy ambassadors can answer all the questions you may have about their course experiences and studying at Strathclyde, along with offering insight into life in Glasgow and Scotland.Chat now!