Our mission is to conduct research of the highest international standards, advance technology in the wide area of communications and signal processing and support industry.
Our main areas of research are:
- wireless communications
- advanced digital signal processing techniques
- image/video processing and distribution.
In particular, we focus on the development of novel multi-dimensional channel modelling approaches as part of the development of new algorithms for signal processing. These aim for efficient and reliable distribution of multimedia content over networks by multi-element antenna systems. Our expertise is acknowledged through the sponsorship of a Chair in Digital Signal Processing Systems by Xilinx.
Some of our current research projects include:
- DSP/software defined radio (SDR) MIMO testbed
- Spread spectrum techniques for wireless sensor networks
- Wireless sensor networks, eg SpeckNet project (www.specknet.org)
- Image/video processing and communications