To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person;
- be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country;
- be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year;
- hold a first degree of *at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Masters degree);
- not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high income country;
- be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship.
*Candidates who hold a first degree with first class honours will be given preference.
The eligible courses for 2019 are:
MSc Electronic and Electrical Engineering
MSc Sustainable Engineering: Renewable Energy Systems and the Environment
MSc Environmental Engineering
MSc Forensic Science
MSc Pharmaceutical Analysis
The 2019 Terms and Conditions as well as the list of courses, insitutions and eligible countries will be available on the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission's website in due course at: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/shared-scholarships/
These scholarships do not cover undergraduate courses, PhD study, or any pre-sessional English language teaching, and are tenable for one year only.