Is this for you?
To apply for a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship, candidates must:
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2017
- Hold, by the closing date, a first degree of at least First Class Honours standard*
- Not have undertaken studies lasting one year or more in a developed country
- Be unable themselves, or through their families, to pay to study in the UK
*Please note that this is a higher requirement than the eligibility set by the Commonwealth Commission due to the high number of applications we receive for these scholarships.
Each Scholarship provides:
- Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship
- Tuition and examination fees
- A personal maintenance allowance
- Warm Clothing Allowance
- A grant towards the expenses of preparing a dissertation, where applicable
- A grant for expenses for approved study travel within the UK or overseas
- Excess baggage allowance when returning home
No additional allowances are available for spouses or other dependants. If you are selected and plan to travel with family you are responsible for all costs related to them.
Financial Support Team
How to apply
- Candidates must apply (or have applied) for admission to the University.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DEADLINE HAS NOW PASSED AND THE EAS IS CLOSED.