Terms and conditions
- PhD students enrolled at Strathclyde University.
- Any member of research staff or teaching and research staff employed by Strathclyde University.
- Technical, professional services or support staff employed by Strathclyde University.
Images can be submitted by an individual or a group given it meets the following terms and condition.
- Images are wholly created by the entrant(s).
- Images created by the entrant incorporating others’ work is permitted given the entrant can prove the image is free for use or they have permission to use the image.
- The entrant has significantly altered someone else’s work (and they have permission to do so) to make it more relevant to their research. For example, this could be by creating a collage of several images or by significantly altering a single image created by someone else.
Copyright, Liability, and Consent
By entering this competition, you consent to the University of Strathclyde retaining the right to use all submitted entries (including those not chosen to be reproduced) in materials without requiring further permission from you. The materials can include, but are not limited to, the exhibitions (printed and online), the website and print materials.
As an entrant you will retain all intellectual property, including copyright, but as such, you hereby grant to the University of Strathclyde a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence in perpetuity to reproduce works based on your submission without any obligation to compensate you. The owner of the work will be appropriately acknowledged (e.g. © 2023 Name).
It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure the following:
- Secure permission from anyone visible in your photograph by ensuring that you have written permission to use the image.
- Any images of identifiable people must be accompanied by signed Privacy Notice and Consent forms. For images of minors (under 13 years of age), we require consent from someone with parental responsibility. We are unable to accept any entries without the appropriate form.
- All recognisable people in your image should complete the relevant Template Consent form found in the Film, Photography and Media guidance prior to the competition deadline.
- Ensure that there are no infringements of third-party intellectual property rights. You must either wholly own the image or obtain the written authority of contributors both to submit the image to this competition and to grant the University of Strathclyde a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to reproduce works based on your submission.
- Please note that all entries are thoroughly checked for copyright and use permissions prior to shortlisting.
- If your image is not entirely your own work, please supply the name of each person who has created a part of your image. If your image includes AI generated elements, please provide details of the tools used on the entry form provided.
- It is not permissible to use images downloaded from the Internet unless you have permission to use them. Only images which have been downloaded from royalty-free websites, such as Shutterstock, Pixabay and Unsplash are permitted.