At Strathclyde, we're keen to help small businesses (SMEs) reach their full potential. Working with one of our experts in your product sector, can lead to the development of new products, processes and services, resulting in immediate and long-term business benefits. Our team of advisors can even help you find funding for your project.
Whether you’re at a very early stage of product development or developing your minimum viable product (MVP) for early customer testing, we have an extensive track record of collaborating with industry.
We work on a diverse range of projects, with companies large and small, every year. Based in the heart of the Glasgow City Innovation District, we are within easy reach of transport links across Scotland and beyond.
How we can help
We can help businesses in a number of ways, including:
- Early-stage product development: Access our innovative research expertise to create or improve a product or service (funding can generally be accessed to cover all or some of the costs associated also).
- Student placements: Whether you need to develop a business or marketing strategy, or even build a prototype, the University offers a number of economical options to the cost-conscious business.
- Consultancy work: Businesses can buy academic time and resources to work on a specific project or study (please note, all projects undertaken must comply with our ethics and research integrity protocols).
- Equipment and facility hire: From material testing to drug formation, the University has many pieces of technical equipment and facilities accessible to business. And for budding hands-on designers, the FabLab offers very economical access to equipment to design and build prototype products.
- Graduate recruitment: The University’s Careers Service offers help to businesses in identifying and snapping up fresh talent.
Get in touch
The Strathclyde Links team - based in the University’s Research and Knowledge Exchange (RKES) Department – can introduce you to academics with the skills to assist you, as well as provide help with funding applications, confidentiality agreements and contracts to govern projects.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will be happy to help.