Strathclyde Business School is highly rated for its research. Based on the REF (Research Excellence Framework) 2014 GPA scores, the Times Higher Education ranked us first in Scotland and in the top 10 business schools in the UK for its research. Based on the REF's GPA scores, the Times Higher Education also ranked us 3rd in the UK for Impact of our business research, a measure of how the research impacts on practise in business. The Business School also did exceptionally well in terms of the REF's assessment of our research environment, rating us as in the top tier for Environment amongst UK business schools, with a 100% 4* rating. The REF is a Government-led benchmarking exercise measuring the quality of research in higher education institutions and these latest results show Strathclyde Business School as being strong overall in its research.
As well as the quality of individual staff contributions, the strength of SBS reflects a number of distinctive factors:
- We are a full service business school that enables strength in depth and sustained excellence at departmental level.
- Our application of the University's mission as 'The Place of Useful Learning' through cutting edge research that is both theory-driven and relevant for policy and practice.
- Engagement and collaboration with a broad range of stakeholders in business, government and civil society on issues that matter and are of benefit to all.
- Links between departments and disciplines in and beyond the business school and the wider university.
- An international as well as domestic focus, with strong collaborative links with partners in a variety of other countries and contexts.
- A diverse range of funding, from research councils, government, business, voluntary organisations and trade unions.
- A vibrant and large PhD community that creates synergies with staff expertise and projects.
The material contained elsewhere on these pages is intended to showcase projects and people that illustrate these distinctive strengths.