Before starting at Strathclyde you have to register. All students must register online to confirm their personal, financial and academic details. You must also need to agree to abide by the University rules. This includes payment of your tuition fees and other related costs.
To become a fully registered student you must complete all of the steps below – you need to do this before you can gain access to your course materials online:
You will set your password to gain access to your university email address and Pegasus.
Pegasus is where you'll complete online registration, where you can update your personal information, and where you can find out about your curriculum and your class results.
You will also need your DS username and password to access the university e-learning and library services.
Where will I find my DS username?
You'll find your DS username in your registration email. You will only receive this when you have met all entry requirements for your course.
Your DS username will look something like this: xyz123456
To set your password for the first time, or if you can’t remember it, simply reset your password.
Unique email address
As a new student, you’ll be given a unique university email address, which will stay with you for as long as you're with us at Strathclyde. This is the email address that the University will use to communicate with you while you're here so make sure you check it regularly!
Before the start of term, it’s important that you regularly check your personal email address too. We may still send important information to your personal email address, as not all students will be registered and have access to their university email at the same time.
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) will be active for all new undergraduate students for the 21/22 academic year. MFA is the best way of keeping your account and your work secure and safe from scammers, and you will only have to authenticate for University Services when you are off campus. To register your devices for MFA and to find out more about it, visit the Student MFA Pages.
Please make arangements to pay your tuition fees before you complete registration, and make sure they're paid before you arrive at Strathclyde. You cannot pay in person when you're here.
Scottish/EU students (only applicable to EU students who registered for a degree programme before 1 August 2021 or those that have settlement rights under the EU Settlement Scheme and been determined ‘home’ rate fee payer)
You must apply every year for your funding. The Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS) aims to have your funding in place at the start of your course for all correctly completed applications received before 30 June.
Student loans/grant/bursary payments (UK students only)
If you’re eligible, and have applied for a student loan, grant or bursary, we must hold your Student Support Number (SSN) on our records and confirm your registration and attendance at the University to your funding body before any payments can be made.
What is my SSN?
Your Student Support Number (SSN) is the unique identification number given to you by the Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS), Student Loans Company (SLC), Student Finance England/Wales/Northern Ireland, and your Local Education Authority (LEA).
It usually consists of four letters, followed by eight numbers and another letter and will look something like this: BRMM01234567A.
Where can I find it?
You'll find your SSN quoted on most documents sent to you from the organisations mentioned above. It will also be printed on your 'University or College Payment Advice' letter, usually underneath the barcode at the top of the letter.
You will also be able to find your Student Support Number by logging into your student finance account with the relevant organisation.
If you can't find your Student Support Number, you will need to contact your relevant student finance organisation (eg Student Finance England/Wales/Northern Ireland or Student Awards Agency Scotland) to find out what it is.
What happens next?
Once we have your SSN and you've completed registration, the first instalment of your loan, grant or bursary will be paid directly into your bank/building society account on the first day of your programme, or within four working days of the funding body receiving confirmation of your registration.
If we do not have your SSN, you should complete registration and contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your SSN number.
All payments are subject to provision of accurate bank/building society details and all other details eg National Insurance number, as requested by your funding body.
Get further details about tuition fees & methods of payment:
You’ll receive an email from us with information about how to get registered. Once online registration is open follow the steps below:
- Logon to PEGASUS using your DS username and password that you have set up. You should see a screen similar to the one at the bottom of this section. You may have different criteria to complete depending on your circumstances.
- Upload your photo. Please take a look at our photo guidelines before you upload.
- Make sure you've completed all sections, and the red crosses have been updated to green ticks. Follow the links on the right-hand side of each section to complete your details.
Please note if you have a nationality other than British or Irish, and have settlement rights in the UK, you will need to upload a copy of your BRP/visa or provide your share code as part of the registration process so your status can be checked. We are required by the Home Office to keep copies of your immigration permissions/settlement status. Please check the section on how to upload your documents.
In the 'addresses' section, please make sure you've added your accommodation type when updating your address. You must complete this to register. Here's how to do it:
- scroll down to where your 'Home Address and Term Address (if applicable)' are listed
- underneath these two addresses, you'll see a small paragraph with the following statement in bold “To amend your Home Address click here”. Click on this link
- you should now be able to edit your Home Address, and you will also see a field for Home Accommodation Type
- next to Home Accommodation Type, there's a box with an arrow pointing down. Click on the arrow to reveal a drop down menu of options eg (“Parent/Guardian’s home”, “Own house/apartment”, etc) and choose the one most relevant to your home address. You can also choose “Prefer not to say” if you do not wish to disclose this information
- Once you've picked an option and confirmed your Home Address, you'll be able to confirm your Personal and Address Details and finish registration by clicking “Register Now"
4. Once all sections have green ticks click the “register now” button and accept the “Terms and Conditions” to complete your registration. Easy peasy!
If you have any trouble with our online registration process, please email email@example.com and we'll be happy to help.
Congratulations! You're now a registered Strathclyder. Now all that's left to do is download our app.
The University of Strathclyde App provides real-time, on-the-go, anytime information to support you during your time with us. You'll need the App to access the library, see your timetable and get your exam results.