Steps to complete registration
Travel to the UK
You will only be able to fully complete online registration once you have arrived in the UK and have uploaded a stamped entry clearance vignette or travel documents confirming date of entry or a Share code (EU/EEA and Switzerland). However, you can partially complete certain elements of the registration criteria before you arrive, including the mandatory training courses.
If you were issued a CAS and have made a Student visa application, you must only travel to the UK once your visa application has been successful and you have received your 90-day vignette in your Passport.
If you apply through the UKVI app and receive Digital Immigration permission, you should only travel to the UK within the Validity period of your Student visa.
You must add a UK Term Address to Pegasus before you complete online registration. Further information can be found in the Register online section below.
You will receive an email from Admissions containing new login details for your student account, these will be different from the login details for your application. You need to follow the instructions in the email to gain access to your university accounts and services.
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is the best way of keeping your account and your work secure and safe from scammers, you will only have to authenticate for University Services when you are off campus. To register your devices for MFA and to find out more about it, visit the Student MFA Pages.
You will not be able to complete registration until you have paid your tuition fees.
If you are eligible for SAAS funding, you must apply every year of your studies. Further information can be found at Student Awards Agency Scotland.
Links to further details about tuition fees & methods of payment can be found below.
- Login to PEGASUS using your university email address and the password that you have already set up. You should be taken directly to the registration screen, if not click on the Curriculum tab and choose the online registration link
- Complete the Data Privacy Notice and University Security Policy questions
- Upload your photo by clicking on the photo image. The photo guidelines should be followed
- Upload your Immigration Documents
Your immigration documents will be reviewed by the Visa Compliance Team.
To ensure you provide all required documentation, please read carefully the information on Uploading Immigration Documents.
Document checks will take at least three days to complete during peak periods.
- Update and confirm personal details
If your course requires you to study on-campus, you must provide a UK Term Address in order to complete online registration. If you do not have permanent accommodation in or around Glasgow, you can list the address of your temporary housing for instance hotel, hostel or similar. Please ensure this is updated again once you move into a permanent residence.
Please find below instructions on how to update your Home and UK Term address
- Navigate to the ‘Addresses’ tab at the top of the screen where your 'Home Address’ and ‘Term Address’ can be added
- Above these addresses, you'll see a small link with the following statement in bold ‘Change Home Address’ and ‘Provide Term Address’ Click on each link to edit the information
- You must ensure you select an ‘Accommodation Type’ by choosing one of the options from the drop-down menu e.g. ’Parent/Guardian’s home’
- You are required to enter a full UK postal address, including the following details:
- Building Number and Street Name
- Flat Number (If applicable)
- Country (United Kingdom)
- Once you have entered your Home Address and Term Address, please ensure you save your Address Details by clicking ‘Submit’
You must fulfil ALL criteria before you can complete registration.
Once all the criteria have been updated from red crosses to green ticks, click the ‘Register Now’ button and accept the terms and conditions to complete registration.
From September 2023, all new undergraduate students will be required to undertake two short training courses as part of the registration process:
- Tackling Gender-Based Violence
- #StrathEqual - equality, diversity, and inclusion for students
There are links to these on your Pegasus portal. Once completed, the red crosses will turn to green ticks. There may be a short delay between completion and Pegasus updating.
For more details about the courses, please see our Student Courses webpage which includes Frequently Asked Questions. There are a very small number of shorter University programmes that do not require completion of this training as part of registration. If this applies to you, the courses will not appear on Pegasus. Should you wish to complete them, you will be able to do so via MyPlace once you have registered.
The University of Strathclyde App provides you real-time, on-the-go, anytime information to support you during your time here. You can use the App to access your student card, the library, class timetable, exam results and university emails.
Your UKVI visa decision letter will tell you where to collect your BRP from. For further information about collecting your BRP, please follow the information on our BRP collection page.
If you have collected your BRP from the Post Office, you must upload a copy as soon as possible.
The University may carry out in-person document checks once you have fully registered and we will contact you with details of how to have your documents checked later. You must bring ALL original documents you uploaded for registration with you when you travel to the UK.
As a registered student, you must keep your term address updated on Pegasus and check your university email regularly to ensure you do not miss any important communications from us.
Student Experience Helpdesk
You can contact the Student Experience Helpdesk in several ways: