The Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy & Biomedical Sciences (SIPBS) is a major research centre in the heart of Glasgow. We offer innovative teaching by experts who are actively researching in their topic of study. You'll also have the opportunity to enter the research environment during projects that might make a real difference to people’s lives and make an impact on modern society.
The SIPBS Graduate School
Our Graduate School is responsible for overseeing every aspect of postgraduate study for all research and taught postgraduate students.
We aim to produce graduates who have the aptitudes and capacities to make significant contributions to their communities. Our Graduate School provides:
- a stimulating environment for postgraduate study that ensures high quality postgraduate education and training
- a forum for students to meet at social events
- a professional development programme that helps advance the particular skills leading to highly productive and successful researchers
One key to our students’ success is the active academic and pastoral care system given through student-staff committee meetings, student progress monitoring, and assigned personal development advisors.
Researcher Development Programme
Fundamental to the support of postgraduate students is our commitment to the University’s Researcher Development Programme, the Research Development Framework and the Researcher Concordat. Aligned with the University’s postgraduate credit scheme, there's a strong emphasis on development of generic skills training within the PhD and Masters programmes. In addition, all PhD students are enrolled in the Postgraduate Certificate in Researcher Professional Development programme.
What postgraduate degrees are on offer within SIPBS?
We divide our degrees up into postgraduate taught and postgraduate research.
We offer a range of MSc degrees that consist of two semesters of taught lectures, tutorials and labs, followed by a summer research project.
- MSc Advanced Biochemistry | download flyer
- MSc Advanced Clinical Pharmacy Practice
- MSc Advanced Drug Delivery
- MSc Advanced Immunology | download flyer
- MSc Advanced Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- MSc Advanced Pharmacology | download flyer
- MSc Biomedical Sciences
- MSc Cancer Therapies | download flyer
- MSc Clinical Pharmacy
- MSc Industrial Biotechnology
- MSc Molecular Microbiology | download flyer
- MSc Pharmaceutical Analysis
- MSc Pharmaceutical Quality & Good Manufacturing Practice
- MSc Pharmacy Practice - Clinical
We also a full course in pharmacist independent prescribing:
Our research degrees fit within the main research focus of SIPBS and involve the use of modern biological and chemistry-based approaches to inform on fundamental biological processes of relevance to health and disease.
- MRes Biomedical Sciences
- DPharm research degree specialising in pharmacy
- MPhil and PhD research degrees that offer research training in exciting scientific areas
You'll be based in our new buildings which were completed in 2011. They include a £35 million investment in laboratories, social and teaching areas, and office space that greatly enhances your experience.