Our undergraduates have a wide choice of innovative courses with a contemporary focus. We produce graduates who make an impact on the world.
With more than 4,000 undergraduates from across the globe, students have the chance to develop skills for different scenarios with a diverse range of people.
Our faculty has significant expertise in developing professionals for today's society. We are home to one of Scotland's top law schools and we are Scotland's largest provider of teacher education.
Bachelor of Arts degree - our flexible option
Our BA (Honours) Humanities & Social Sciences degree offers a high level of flexibility. We give our students the opportunity to take subjects in areas within and outwith the faculty. Students can choose subjects from across humanities, social sciences and business. You'll have the chance to try new subjects, which may lead to you changing specialism at the end of first year.
Only at the beginning of second year do you need to decide which subjects to continue to study in later years.
Other degrees offered
We also offer set degree pathways:
- Childhood Practice (BA)
- Education and Social Services (BA)
- Primary Education (BA)(Hons)
- Teaching with Chemistry (MChem)
- Teaching with Mathematics, BSc (Hons)
- Teaching with Physics, BSc (Hons)
- Law (LLB)
- Law part time (LLB)
- Law (Graduate Entry) (LLB)
- Law (Scots & English) (LLB)
- Law (Scots & English)(Graduate Entry)(LLB)
- English Law (LLB)
- Scots & English Law (Clinical) (LLB Hons)
- Law with French (LLB)
- Law with Spanish (LLB)
- Social Work BA (Hons)
- Speech and Language Pathology BSc (Hons)
- Sport and Physical Activity (BSc)
You'll have the chance to study abroad for up to a year with one of our partner institutions. This normally takes place during your third year of study.
We have partner institutions in:
- North and Central America
- New Zealand
The programme can be rewarding for personal development and will enhance your employability. Studying abroad will offer you a culturally rich experience.
Take a look at some of our exchange students' experiences.
Your future career
Skills developed in our courses are desirable in the graduate recruitment market and are vital for your future career.
Some of the skills you'll develop studying with us are:
- the ability to undertake interdisciplinary work
- being able to grasp a range of concepts
- the ability to work with others
- the completion of a research project
- being able to evaluate and communicate complex ideas
- the ability to analyse and interpret quantitative data
Many of our courses have professional recognition and accreditation by appropriate statutory bodies.
- the British Psychological Society (BA Hons Psychology (single honours only))
- Accreditation for Prior Learning (BA Hons Childhood Practice)
- the Law Society of Scotland (LLB (Honours) Law)
- the Law Society of England and Wales and Law Society of Northern Ireland (LLB (Honours) Law (Scots & English)
- General Teaching Council for Scotland (BA Hons Primary Education, MChem Chemistry with Teaching, BSc Honours Mathematics with Teaching, BSc Honours Physics with Teaching)
- Scottish Social Services Council (BA Hons Social Work)
- Health and Care Professions Council and Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (BSc Speech and Language Pathology)
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences Undergraduate Choice Scholarship
Full-time undergraduate students who are paying the Rest of UK tuition fee of £9,250 per year and who make the University of Strathclyde their firm choice will receive £1,000. The award will be made to students starting in 2018 if they meet the conditions of their offer.