Before you apply
Before you apply online, we advise you to contact a potential supervisor and/or the PGR Director Dr Sylvie Da Lomba (email@example.com).
During the application you'll be asked for the following:
- your full contact details
- your research proposal of 1,500 to 2,000 words in length. You can find a template for PhD and MPhil research proposals on our study with us page.
- transcripts and certificates of all degrees
- your CV
- proof of English language proficiency if English isn't your first language. For postgraduate studies, we require a minimum overall IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent (the test must be taken within two years of the application date)
- two references, one of which must be academic
- funding or scholarship information
By filling these details out as fully as possible, you'll avoid any delay to your application being processed by the University.
You'll be notified of the outcome of your application through Pegasus, our online application system.
Accepting an offer
When you've accepted our offer of a place of study on our PhD or MPhil programme, we'll send you a full offer in writing via the email address you provided.
We'll need you to fulfil any outstanding academic, administrative or financial conditions that we ask for.