We look for a first-class or upper second-class UK Honours degree, or overseas equivalent, in a computer sciences discipline from a recognised academic institution.
If English isn't your first language, you'll also need to have an IELTS score of 6.5 as proof of English proficiency.
During the application you'll be asked for the following:
- your full contact details
- transcripts and certificates of all degrees
- proof of English language proficiency if English is not your first language
- two references, one of which must be academic
- funding or scholarship information
- research proposal of 250-1,000 words in length, detailing the subject area and topic to be investigated.
By filling these details out as fully as possible, you'll avoid any delay to your application being processed by the University.
Accepting an offer
Once you've accepted our offer, we'll need you to fulfil any academic, administrative or financial conditions that we ask.
UK or EU students
If you're applying as a UK or EU student, you'll then be issued with your registration documentation.
An ATAS (Academic Technology Approval Scheme) clearance certificate is a mandatory requirement for some postgraduate students in science, engineering and technology.
Find out if you need an ATAS certificate.