You'll need a first-class or upper second-class UK Honours degree, or overseas equivalent, in a relevant marketing-based discipline from a recognised academic institution.
If English isn't your first language, you'll also need to have a recent UKVI recognised Secure English Language Test (or a SELT) qualification.
Before you apply
Before finalising your formal application, we're here to give you some help and guidance on refining your proposal. Get in touch with a potential supervisor early in the process, preferably as soon as you've put together a draft proposal. Take a look at some information about our supervisors and their research interests.
Writing your research proposal
Read our guidance on how to write your research proposal.
Getting a reference
Read our help on how to choose references and what the referees need to supply.
During the application you'll be asked for the following:
- your full contact details
- transcripts and certificates of all degrees
- proof of English language proficiency if English isn't your first language
- two references, one of which must be academic
- funding or scholarship information
- research proposal of up to 1,500 words in length, clearly demonstrating the potential contribution both in theory and practice; please use our Postgraduate Research Proposal Outline and attache this with your application
By filling these details out as fully as possible, you'll avoid any delay to your application being processed by the University.
Accepting an offer
If your chosen supervisor is available to work with you, they'll confirm this and nominate a potential second supervisor. As soon as a second supervisor is confirmed, an offer of study will be sent to you through Pegasus, our online application system.
When you accept our offer, you'll receive a full offer in writing via the email address you provide.
UK or EU students
If you're applying as a UK or EU student, you'll then be issued with your registration documentation.